Here you can access the program overview, participant notebook, event resources and helpful production tips for to create a successful Summit experience.
The GLS Next Gen can be run over the course of one full day, half days or 4 x 75-minute sessions.
GLS NEXT GEN NOTEBOOK
The Notebook is designed for in-house printing. Created at A4 size, it can be printed double-sided or made into a booklet. In addition, the GLS Next Gen notebook can be translated into your language.
adult coached next gen run
Prepare to host your very own GLS Next Gen!
Facilitation / Hosting: During the GLS Next Gen there are built-in personal reflection moments, group discussion, performances and leadership activities. These will be led by your chosen facilitators and host.
To empower young people and help them to create an amazing GLS Next Gen experience, the GLS Next Gen must be Adult Coached and Next Gen run!
When coaching, equip the young people with this information:
- Select a suitable young person for the role of facilitator. He or she will help participants draw out key learnings from each session through stimulating group discussion and personal reflection times.
- Choose someone who is a confident communicator – warm, engaging and displays good energy from the front of the room. Brief them about their specific role so they can lead these times with confidence.
- The best facilitators are those who guide the learning process but do not feel the need to add their own teaching to what’s been shared by the Summit speakers. Processing takes place by breaking GLS Next Gen participants into smaller groups of 5 – 8 people to increase participation.
- The facilitator should familiarize themselves with the GLS Next Gen Notebook paying close attention to the facilitation questions listed for each of the Summit speakers. These questions will be focus points for reflection moments and group discussion.
- The facilitator directs participants through processing times (reflection, discussion, next step actions).
- When communicating leadership activities, be clear with your instructions. Speak slowly and make sure the participants understand how to get involved.
The role of the youth host is to connect the dots throughout the day. They give instructions and bring people together.
- Select a suitable person for the role of youth host. The host helps participants know what is expected of them and gives instructions around break times and session details.
- Connect with the youth Facilitator in advance to confirm any specific announcements that need to be communicated throughout the sessions.
7 Top Tech Tips
TECH – SOUND, VIDEO AND LIGHTING
When preparing to host a GLS Next Gen:
Adult coaches must first meet with their Youth Team! Include young people in the conversation about:
What venue will you use to host your GLS Next Gen?
What tech equipment is already set up in that venue for use, and what extra equipment might be needed.
What speakers and creative elements will be used for your GLS Next Gen? Talk about the possibility of live or in person creative elements and what sort of lighting or sound requirements they might have.
The GLS Next Gen video files are located in the Event Tool Kit.
Your primary roles are to empower young people to shape the evet and to help the content flow as seamlessly as possible. Whatever platform you choose to host your GLS Next Gen from (online or in person), do a run through prior to the event so you’re happy with the sound, look of the lighting and transitions between elements.
If you have creative elements or a local speaker sharing, book in a dress rehearsal and work out the sound and lighting for those items.
If online, confirm your internet connection will sustain a streaming platform for a prolonged period of time.
All Rights Reserved © 2022 Global Leadership Network